- GVMS offers a kindergarten program validated by MSDE
- Child needs to be 5 years of age by September 1st.
- Morning- Mixed age group. Afternoon- Separate Kindergarten children group with appropriate activities.
- Enrichment with Spanish and Mandarin Specials.
- Field trips related to their unit.
Kindergarten Montessori in a nutshell…
- Based on self-direction, non-competitive and co-operative activities that help a child develop
- A Strong self-image and confidence to face challenges with optimism.
- Children are problem solvers and are encouraged to make appropriate choices, manage their time and work well with peers
- The child benefits more if he/she continues working with the Montessori materials to complete the three year cycle
- The Child gets a very strong foundation in these “basics”. There are also science, geography, Social, art and large motor activities.
- They will continue to reinforce the valuable learning habits like self-discipline, concentration sense of order creative self-expression and love for learning in a nurturing environment